GMM PRIVACY NOTICE
(Effective as of November 1, 2019)
Who will process your personal data?
The personal data provided by you will be used by General Motors de México S. de R.L. from C.V. (GMM), domiciled in Ejército Nacional No. 843-B, Col. Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, C.P. 11520, Mexico, D.F.
What information do we collect?
GMM will collect your personal identification data, including your Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN¨), your personal contact information, fiscal and personal property data and/or your financial data, either if you contact us directly, through our website pages or through social networks. We may also process the information contained in your public profile in your social networks, as well as the content of your publications.
We inform you that for the purposes of what is stated in this privacy notice, GMM will not collect or process sensitive personal data.
For what purposes do we use your information?
The personal data you have provided to us will be used for the following primary and necessary activities:
- identify you
- contact you
- follow-up, update and confirmation regarding contracted products and services
- to provide services through our Call Center
- Provide you with the good and / or service you request
- Honor the warranty of your vehicle or parts, spare parts and accessories
- Inform you about calls for review of your vehicle and provide technical assistance services
- Keep our records updated in order to answer your questions
- evaluate the quality of the services we offer
- respond to your comments or requests for information.
In what other ways we can use your information?
Additionally, if you do not object, GMM will use your personal information for both physical and electronic delivery of communications, advertising and communication for marketing and telemarketing purposes, for commercial prospecting and statistical and market analysis, as well as to invite you to participate in service quality surveys and events organized by GMM.
In case you do not want your personal data to be processed for any or all additional purposes, from this moment on you can communicate the above to the address: email@example.com
To which third parties can we transfer your information?
GMM may transfer your personal data to:
- Labor authorities and / or other competent authorities to comply with legal provisions
- To parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and / or subsidiaries of GMM
- To GM Financial and other third parties with whom it has written data transfer agreements which operate under privacy policies that comply with the applicable provisions for any of the purposes indicated in this privacy notice
- To banking institutions to make payments; and;
- To competent authorities in legally provided cases.
For this purpose, we inform you that the consent for the transfer of your personal data is not required.
How can you exercise your ARCO rights and / or revoke your consent?
You or your legal representative may exercise any of the rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition (hereinafter “Arco Rights”), as well as revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data by sending an email to GMM´s Data Protection Department to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your request must be made through the ARCO Rights Request Form, which must be solicited to the email address indicated above. In order to GMM´s Data Protection Department to follow up on your request, you or your legal representative must properly prove your identity, so it is necessary that you complete all the fields indicated in the Format and accompany it with a copy of any of the current official identifications indicated therein. For more information on the procedures, requirements and deadlines for the exercise of your ARCO Rights and/or revocation of consent, contact GMM´s Data Protection Department at email@example.com.
How can you limit the use and / or disclosure of your data?
You may limit the use or disclosure of your personal data by sending your request to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your request is appropriate, you will be registered in the GMM´s exclusion list. For more information, please contact GMM´s Data Protection Department.
How will we notify you of the changes we make to this Privacy Notice?
GMM will notify you of any changes to your privacy notice through our website: http://www.gm.com.mx, so we ask you to review it periodically.
How can you send us your doubts?
Our Data Protection Department is at your service to provide you with any additional information that you require or, where appropriate, to resolve any questions that may arise regarding privacy and protection of personal data. Contact us through our email email@example.com.